Tuesday, July 3, 2007

This is a short one:)

Yesterday Edna and I and two other ladies were coming home from Centro Emissoir and we were just
entering into Dondo. I could hear a train..and I kept looking around but I couldn't see it. I thought, "well I
know that there is a train track here somewhere but I think I have already passed it." The train was blowing
it's horn and I started to slow down but it kept getting louder and louder so I started to speed up and Edna
starting yelling, “Katch, stop please!” There ahead of me was a man with a green lantern, and the one and only
barricade arm was down. I stopped, we were all laughing. There it came, the train and the man and the
light with a bell and the arm down. It was a sight that one would only see in Mozambique. One man, one
light, one bell, one barricade arm. The train went by and he walked across the track with his light and bell
and lifted the barricade and waved us on. Oh my gosh........ life here is hard. Everyday it is something
new... everyday I learn something more about the life of Americans and how tremendously blessed we are.
A railroad crossing.... one man's job.

Katch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy - Got a big kick out of the "lots of poop" in your previous entry. WOW - what a brave driver you are!

Please let us know how you are feeling now after the bout with malaria. We worry, ya know!

All fine here.
- Barb