Monday, February 15, 2010

My Daily Google

When I don’t jump to conclusions, I am a process thinker. I like to take time to think about things. I like to gather information. I want to hear more about what other’s think on a subject. I like to search the scriptures to see what God has to say about everything I need to be obedient. I like to read manuals on electronics. And of course, I use Google.

I like Google. It has more information than anyone can imagine. If I don’t know something, I Google it. There will be someone, somewhere in the world who has an answer. It might not be a sound answer or the right answer to me, but there will be an answer. I have learned more about silly insignificant things on Google than I ever did while I was in a classroom.
As a matter of fact I have learned more from Google in the last five years than I have learned in the last 50 years of reading books.

There are so many directions that Google can take me in one day. I can find somebody somewhere someplace in the world to tell me what I want to hear. And with one click of the button, I could end up finding myself very confused and lost if I believed everything I read on the pages of Google. Well, actually I could never read all of the pages available on one topic.

To find the truth, the real meaning of life, learn about salvation and the life of Jesus, I will just stick with the Bible. The beauty of Google with the bible is I can find 2,479 different language translations. I can't speak any language except English and a touch of Portuguese, but it's there if I want it.

While traveling Val and I drove for hours and hours across the desert and wondered where all the animals were. In Iowa one can not travel more than 15 miles without seeing a dead deer, raccoon or a possum. " Just what are the animals in the desert"
I asked? We both looked at each other and laughed, “We’ll Google it!”
Googleing is my favorite pastime. Good googlywoogly!


2 Timothy 3:16-17, All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 comments:

Steve Bricker said...

Good "googlywoogly?" Love it. Thanks for the smile.

We all prayed for you and Val at small group last night. You two keep pressing on toward the goal for the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Caitlyn Doris said...

YAY...Go Kathy! I google absolutely everything too! My favorite though is googling people :) Great post! Love you and missed you at church!