Monday, June 7, 2010


Val gets to have all of the fun! For the last week I have been sick with malaria and she got to go out to the bush, drive on really the most craziest roads ever and got to put the truck into 4 wheel drive and splash through mud and drive fast to beat the clock. She gets to do all of the fun stuff when I am sick. But I am on my feet again and we are on the run once again.

We are part of the privileged people who find our work to be fulfilling, rewarding and worthy of our time. God has been so good to us both to bring us to work together here in Mozambique. Even though she did try to kill me 2 years ago when I was sick with malaria then since that time she has proven to really be a great friend and nurse on the field. My work would be impossible without her here. We enjoy the work, we love our people here and it has been a blast walking in this season with Valerie.

I am thankful that God saw fit for us to meet here and together journey the sandy soil of Mozambique searching for the hand of God by being the hands and feet of Jesus.

No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends. John 15: 13

3 comments:

emily said...

You guys are too funny! May God continue to bless you richly! So glad you are on the mend! Many hugs and prayers!

btb52969 said...

I read Val's blog and was so worried about you! Caught Seth on FB, and he told me not to worry so much! :) Glad you are feeling better, and also glad Val didn't try to kill you this time. (She didn't, DID SHE???????????) Love you both!!

deane said...

We are so glad to hear that you are up and running again!! Hooray!! Were you careful to keep an eye on the color of the pills Val gave you?