Monday, March 5, 2007

Talking in Tongues

That title ought to get some quick attention! I chuckle at the thought of speaking in another tongue. If I think back in my life I can remember speaking different tongues all of my life, There was first baby-talk, and then the rebellion talk, "I"m not going to do anything you ask me to" talk to my parents. The cool talk to my peers while in high school and college, dirty talk, cursing talk, gossip talk, factory talk, music talk, guitar talk, pleading talk, praying talk, the Christian talk. We go through all kinds of talk through out our lives speaking a tongue that others do not understand. Remember when the word "bad" was good? Life is funny, I'm glad that I enjoy it. What I am learning now is how to speak the language of one of the many tongues of Dondo. Portuguese, it is a difficult langugage. I am learning just like a child, one word at a time. There is power in the spoken word. Be careful with the words that you use. Always use tact when speaking to one another. Boa Noite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just got back from Indiana to visit Shirley and checked in on this site. Sounds like you are going a good job. I have already been praying for you, Sweetie, and will continue. Wish I could go with you... sounds like such a great experience! Take care... angels around you.
Aunt Sony